We are all broken.


Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Lauren

She covered her ears.
They were screaming.
                  Still screaming.
                       She begged them to stop.
Where was love?

She covered her face.
They were laughing.
Those girls were endlessly
                    Laughing.
                           She silently pleaded that they stop.
Where was a friend?


She uncovered her heart.
She hoped he would cradle it.
He would take care of it.
             And him.            Or him.           Or maybe him.
But they tore pieces and took them.
                            She pretended not to notice.
Where was her beloved?


She buried herself.
In the party.
In the ziplock bag.
In the pain pills.
She was desperately
                       silently - screaming.
Where was her help?


The little girl found a great God.
He followed her through the laughter.
He held her after each betrayal.
He dug her from her grave.

And then, when her eyes lifte, she saw Him.
She gave Him her broken beauty -
And He held it as His treasured prize.


She is His beloved,
              and He is hers.



Lauren's prayer:

PSALMS 25: 4-7
“Show me you ways, O LORD, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.  Remember, O LORD, your great mercy and love, for they are from of old.  Remember me NOT in my rebellious ways; according to your love remember me, for you are GOOD, O LORD.”











No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs