We are all broken.


Tuesday, January 21, 2014

It's all about the ONE

we leave a footprint
wherever we go.

it's as if part of our
breath
hangs in the air and gently
lands
on people
giving them an
impression
sound
word
voice
that they don't forget.

or maybe they do forget.

and if they do,
did we really leave a
footprint in the first place?

what we bleed
spend
say
do

leaves the footprint for us.

and is that footprint an
evidence
of who we really are?

my life
is marked
by thousands of
footprints.

people who
STEPPED
on my life in a
POWERFUL
way -
turning the tide
breaking the mold
pushing the limits

every
day
counts.

every
moment
we
are
leaving
a
footprint.

and the people who
took the time
stood for something
didn't back down
told the truth

have left
FOREVER
a
FOOTPRINT
on me
that will not
be
FORGOTTEN.

So what about that
cashier
when I'm in
such a frustrated
fervor?

Or that kid who
just needs the
hope of a
smile?

How about the
driver
who cut me off?
What footprint
do I leave on
him
that affects the
rest of his day?

I
have been
marked
by the
footprints of
MANY.

The one who
taught me to
free my wings
and fly

The one who
gave me
unconditional love

The one who believed
in my abilities
before I did

The one whose energy
and loud
in the classroom
inspired my heart

The one who taught
me independence

The one who taught
me grace

The one who let me
be
me.

They have stained
me colors
of beauty and
wrecked me
forever.

Footprints.

We all leave them.
But we don't always realize

the
IMPACT.

One footprint
can change
everything
anyone
everyone
no one.

It's just up to you.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Design By Designer Blogs